Thanks to the super awesome Chantal Hickey over at Adventures in Hickey Land for nominating me!
What is the Liebster Award? Here are the Rules!:
This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers...the award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
My 11 Random Facts:
(I'm halfway cheating - some of these "random facts" will come from my All About Me section, because at the end of it, I list random facts about myself!)
1) I hardly EVER reheat leftovers, especially not any type of meat. I'd rather just eat it cold.
2) My older brother, Josh, and I have a super close relationship. We have more inside jokes than I can count. I'm told it's annoying to be around us because him and I go into our own little world!
3) Raymond & I want a fourth child more than anything. With the knowledge that another pregnancy would be life-threatening, we've (literally, TODAY) come to the resolution that we want to adopt. In a couple of years, once we're (finally) home owners and are a little more financially stable, and when we have some obvious extra funds, we will definitely pursue adoption! We just feel like we have so much love to give, whether it be to a child that is biologically ours or not. It makes no difference to us.
4) I'm a BIG time crybaby. I cry over almost everything. Happy, mad, sad, overwhelmed; movies, songs, even COMMERCIALS have started up the water works.
5) I daydream. A LOT. I often lie awake in bed for hours and hours on end, just daydreaming!
6) I detest the smell of change or metal. I've vomited by accidentally smelling my hands after handling change.
7) I honestly wouldn't mind if I had to be pregnant for the rest of my life. I loved every second of every pregnancy.
8) I use parenthesis a lot when typing. (too much? Nah)
9) Raymond and I have christened every hospital room after I gave birth to each of our three kids. Hey, all three were c-sections, so it's not that bad. ;)
10) I quote my favorite movies/shows a lot.
11) I totally rock at playing, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star on my daughter's piano.
My 11 questions from Chantal:
Who was the very first blogger you started reading regularly?
Last great book you read?
Scarlett. It's the sequel to Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind, written by Alexandra Ripley. I've read it approximately a thousand times, but just recently finished it again.
What magazines (if any) do you just have to read every month?
I don't read any magazines on a regular basis, really. The majority of my magazine reading happens when I'm in the checkout lanes getting groceries and I put them back when I'm done. I had a Parenting magazine subscription, but only because it was free. I cancelled as soon as it asked me to pay for a subscription renewal. I'm so cheap.
Best parenting or marriage adice you've ever recieved?
Parenting advice: 'Do not listen to anyone's parenting advice.' from my mom. She told me to find my own groove and that as long as my kids were happy, healthy, and safe, it didn't matter how I did it. She's a smart woman.
Are you a couponer? If so, extreme or newbie?
I tried. I really, really tried. I just never got the hang of it. I'd like to start again...maybe when we move?
If you could pick any other place in the world to move to, where would it be?
I honestly wouldn't want to live anywhere other than Texas. I love it here. Visit? Absolutely. Live? No. Texas is our home!
Who was your first follower on your blog (if you know!)?
I believe it was Chantal Hickey. :)
What is your favorite color combination?
Anything with teal/turquoise!
Which of your Pinterest boards (if you have one) has to most pins?
My LaughOutLoud board.
All time favorite DIY project you've seen on Pinterest (or elsewhere)?
There's NO way I could answer that!! I have SO many favorites!
Where is your "happy place"?
Other than my husband's arms (cliché much?), I'd have to say within the pages of whatever book I'm reading. It's like leading a beautiful double life, when you're one of those readers that submerses themselves into their books, which I definitely am.
My 11 Questions for my nominees:
1) Can you name three blogs that you regularly read?
2) Are you brand-loyal to any product?
3) Do you think of yourself as a leader or a follower?
4) Given the chance, what would you go back and change in your past?
5) If you only had one last meal, what would it be?
6) Are you a side sleeper, back sleeper, or tummy sleeper?
7) What was the reason for the last time you cried?
8) Favorite movie?
9) If the summary of your life had a theme song, what would it be?
10) What are you wearing right now?
11) Favorite TV series?
(Some of these bloggers aren't exactly new, but they ARE super awesome!)
If you choose to participate in this whole Liebster Award deal, post a comment and let me know so that I can go read yours!
(For anyone that I tagged, if you'd like me to remove your blog completely, just let me know!)
You don't HAVE to do this, I'll only cry for like a week at the most, if you don't want to... :)